Friday, February 24, 2012

spinach artichoke pasta


I have been extremely successful the last couple weeks with recipes I've found on Pinterest. This was one of my faves. When I picked it out, it reminded me of the spinach artichoke casserole I've been cooking for around 15 years. And that casserole has since become a must have at all holiday dinners. Hopefully my horrible iphone pic still makes this dish somewhat appetizing! Here is the super easy recipe:

Ingredients :
1 (13 oz) box shell pasta
1 tsp butter
2 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 8 oz package reduced fat (not fat free) cream cheese
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
1T lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 14 oz can artichoke hearts (packed in water), drained and chopped
10 oz chopped, frozen spinach, thawed, with as much excess water squeezed out as possible
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup chopped cooked chicken (optional)
Additional Parmesan for serving

Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions

2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic (we added a little extra 'cause let's face it...who doesn't love more garlic!). Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Slowly stir in milk, then add sour cream, lemon juice, salt and red pepper flakes. Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan cheese and chicken (if using).

3. Drain pasta and add to artichoke mix. Toss and season to taste with salt and additional lemon juice as needed. Serve with additional shredded Parmesan.

And voila! Enjoy!!

Source:

2 comments:

  1. I really need to stop reading your blog when I am hungry! I would like some of this tasty dish...and the casserole dish! YUM!!!!

    ReplyDelete